Monday, March 31, 2008

Long Run, More Snow

I can't believe we are almost to April and it is still snowing. We got about 4-5 inches today, almost all while I was running. It was beautiful, but a little annoying. The flakes were huge and kind of wet. Towards the end it was balling up in the heel of my shoes. So it was like running in high heels. No I haven't actually run in high heels but you know what I mean. Part of my run was on a trail through Riverside State Park and that really slowed me down. The new snow was covering the frozen mtb tracks that are left from the winters snow in the shaded areas. So it made for some treacherous running and a few close calls. It would really suck to sprain and ankle or tweak a knee at this point.
As for the run stats, 16.5 miles 2:26:40 with avg HR of 149 and a max of 166. Pace was off due to that trail section I was nearly walking a few points. All in all it was a good run. When I was done I had about 2 inches snow on the bill of my hat.
This gave me just over 40 miles for the week running only 30 miles on the bike,what a puss.

1 comment:

Spokane Al said...

I had the same kind of long run yesterday as well. Except that I know my limitations and stayed on the roads.