Sunday, March 09, 2008

17 MILES

Today the Hobbit and I set out to run 17 miles. That's a long way! Beautiful day here in Spokaloo. This morning it was a crisp 39 with a layer of fog that would burn off about 6 miles into our run.Now my goal for the day was to keep my HR below my MAF at 145. The Hobbit, being a lying piece of poop said he too was going to run off his HR. I wasn't until we were about 4 miles into the run that he fessed up that he didn't even have his HR monitor on. Which would explain why when I looked down we were running 8:20/mi and my HR was 153. So I gave him the 1 finger wave and proceeded to run my run. There were quite a few people out walking their dogs and riding bikes and even a few other runners. It's always nice to see alot of people out using our great resources here. For those of you that have not been to Spokane. We have a paved bike/walking/running path, The Centennial Trail that is protected from traffic for most of it's length. It starts out by my house in Nine Mile and goes all the way to CDA,Id. about 65-70 miles. I digress, stats for the run are 17 miles 2:40:47 9:27/mile ave HR 145

No comments: