Monday, June 11, 2007

TAPERING IS FUN

Well 2 weeks from today and we will find out if I'm an Ironman or not. I feel pretty good this week kind of sucked for biking, due to weather. Last sunday Jayne and I did a charity bike ride. Jayne did a 50 mile rIde and I did 100 miles. Jayne only did 50 because she had done 112 miles 2 days prior. Anyway it was about 95 degrees that sunday. On monday it had dropped to 60 and was raining. Tuesday was a little colder and raining again. Then it was back to work on thursday. I was able to get enough running in though as well as swimming. We actually got some open water swimming in as well. But the bike did suffer this week a little. So the plan for this week is to ride the bike more frequently but not as long on each ride maybe 75 miles total for the week. We will see if this works out. I'm also going to get in some more open water swimming this week. Jayne swam in cda lake yesterday and I guess it was very windy and the water was real rough. Our friend Jess was with her and I guess Jess freaked out a little when just as she tried to take a breath a wave hit her in the face. A little disconcerting I'm sure.
So the next 13 days are mostly about rest and recovery. Eating well staying superhydrated and as little stress as can be managed....Next weekend Kellen graduates from high school......wow!!! that could really freak me out if I let it.... But with Ironman a week later i'm kind of preocupied with my own little thing. I will try to make Kellen feel like the focus on his big day. I know it's a big deal. Eventhough right now I have tunnel vision.

No comments: