Saturday, August 06, 2005

TOUGH RUN

Yesterday was a tough long run. The goal was 12 miles using the same run 8 minutes walk 1 min. apporoach that I did last week. I had a tougher time this week though probably for a couple of reasons. 1st on Sat. I did a short tempo run of 4 miles. But I didn't do it until about 7pm. Then i was up the next morning at 0800 for a ski, skied like crap. Then Tony and I ran about 1030. At the beginning of the run it was about 75 but I think by the time we got done it was about 85. The first half though we ran the just as I had planned finishing the 1st 6 miles in ~ 54 min. But on the way back as it began to heat up, and I had no water or anything, I began to slow down, miles 9,10 were real tough as this was a brutely hilly section. By the time I got back to the Jeep I was ready to be done. All in all it was a good run but it was tougher than I thought it was going to be. makes me a little nervous to increase to 14 miles next week.

No comments: