Tuesday, December 04, 2007

MAF TEST #2

Last week marked the fourth week of our MAF only training. We had planned a test for Sat. but as luck would have it the track had about 6 in. of snow on it. Thanks to the pineapple express we had 2 days of rain and today's temps were ~50. So off to the track we went. We did have about 25 mph winds to contend with but it was OK. The wind was blowing such that we either had it in our faces or at our backs on the straits.
test #1 11/3
mile 1 @ 141, 8:51/mi
mile 2 @ 144, 9:08/mi
mile 3 @ 143, 9:16/mi

test #2 12/4
mile 1 @ 143, 8:34
mile 2 @ 145, 8:48
mile 3 @ 145, 8:58

So I have improved!! Bottom line. Even though I actually thought I was getting slower, I wasn't. Tony improved as well but not quite as much as I did. I think he is running with a slower cadence to run slower. With his little hobbit legs he always ran with a high cadence but now that we have slowed down I think his cadence has as well, which is making him work harder, ie increased HR. It's not a big difference but by the end of the 3 miles I was about 3/4 of a lap ahead of him. Well I guess if you extrapolate that out over 26 miles....that would be a little over 1.5 miles...I'll take that.

1 comment:

ace said...

Nice work!