Friday, December 21, 2007

Fell off the Wagon

Well today I was at the end of my rope. I just couldn't take it anymore. I got on the treadmill and started my daily slog. But 2 miles into my Max HR of 145 running I couldn't take it any longer. I pressed the button to increase the rate thinking I would speed up just a little. But as I sped up it felt great. The faster I ran the better it felt. I quit when I got to 6:58 pace. I ran at that pace for 1/2 mile, then 1/2 mile at my slog pace. I repeated this for 3 reps, then a mile of cool down at slog pace. It felt so good to feel my lungs just beginning to burn a little. I got my HR up to ~176 on the last rep. This is just below my LT .I was a little worried that I may have screwed up the past 2.5 months of MAF training but Lucho assured me that it will be fine. I new that if I was at a plateau that it was time to start adding some speed work. I'm actually due to do anonther MAF test this coming week. But after this past weekend long run, 13.1 miles. I felt totally stale. I needed something,I hope this was it. We will see on Saturday when we retest.

No comments: