Thursday, May 04, 2006

BLOOMSDAY 2006

For those of you that don't know Bloomsday is one of the largest timed races in the country. This was the 30 th year for this race here in Spokane. It draws world class runners and wheelchair athletes from all over the world. As has been the case for the last several years the Kenyans won. This is an odd distance 12 km/7.46 mi road race with some pretty tough hills and > 40000 runners. I think the biggest year was like 67000. Anyway this was my 2nd year running the race and I beat last years time by over 4 min. with a time of 54:59. My goal was to break 55 min which I barely did. It's amazing what a few seconds can make. On my watch I had my time at 55:02 and I was so dissappointed. but when the offical results were posted and I saw that I actually beat my goal I was so pumped. 3 seconds difference and I went from feeling like a failure to king of the world. Amazing what your ego can do to you, if you let it. After the race,and a nap,food etc. I went for another run this was a slow 9 miler. I did this in lew of the 26 I was supposed to run according to my marathon training plan. All in all a good day.

No comments: