Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No Motivation

As you have no doubt noticed I have not written anything for a while. Not only have I not written anything but I've also not done much of anything either, but work. My motivation to exercise has been totally in the shitter. I've been running about 1-2 days a week and maybe swimming once every week or 2. Not sure what has me in this funk by I know I will come out of it soon, or I'll have to buy some bigger pants, and I hate buying pants.
The Hobbitt and I are going elk hunting this weekend which is always alot of fun not to mention a good workout. Elk are amazing animals and travel up and down some of the most rugged terrain. And we are hunting with muzzle loaders which means you have to get pretty close to them, < 100 yds, 50 is better. I'm going to wear my garmin to see just how much I climb and how far we walk, I'll let you know next week.
I'll leave you with a quote that should help those of you stressed about the economy.

Most of us miss out on life's big prizes. The Pulitzer. The Nobel.Oscars. Tonys. Emmys. But we're all eligible for life's small pleasures. A pat on the back. A kiss behind the ear. A four-pound bass. A full moon. An empty parking space. A crackling fire. A great meal. A glorious sunset. Hot soup. Cold beer. -- Anonymous

2 comments:

Michael W. Bergquist said...

Get back on that band wagon mister. Don't make me come find you.

I hope you have a good time hunting. I'll be interested in hearing the GPS stats.

Michael W. Bergquist said...

So how much did you climb/walk? You running again yet?